Who we are....
The Friends of FertilityCare Philadelphia are a group of health care professionals and members of our community who wish to promote effective, integrated health care for women and couples. To that end, the Friends of FertilityCare are dedicated to making Creighton Model FertilityCare services and NaProTechnology known, respected and applied throughout the Greater Philadelphia region. The primary intention of the Friends of FertilityCare is to educate all people in the "good news" of Creighton Model FertilityCare System and NaProTechnology.
What is the Creighton Model FertilityCare™ System?
The Creighton Model FertilityCare System is a scientifically developed and standardized system to enable women and couples to understand their fertility cycles, with medical support for abnormalities. It can be used effectively to avoid or to achieve pregnancy. It can also be used to help couples with infertility, and to assist in the assessment and management of women's health problems. FertilityCare is reliable, scientifically sound, supportive of relationships, and cost-effective.
How is this a contemporary approach to Women’s Health Care?
Apart from being an excellent system of fertility monitoring for family planning, the Creighton Model FertilityCare™ System is an outstanding system of monitoring gynecologic and reproductive health. Recent scientific advances have shown it to be of assistance in identifying and treating disorders such as sub-fertility states, ovarian cysts, hormone disorders, endometriosis, miscarriage and PMS. This new science is called NaPro Technology and can be applied by trained Creighton Model Medical Consultants.
How effective is it?
The Creighton Model FertilityCare™ System is over 99% effective in avoiding pregnancy when properly taught by a qualified teacher and correctly applied. It is also highly effective to achieve pregnancy when couples identify and use the days of fertility. In addition, it has an impressive success rate in those with infertility.
What will the Friends of FertilityCare do in Philadelphia?
- Provide educational seminars for a variety of audiences (women, couples, health care professionals, educators, clergy).
- Sponsor conferences that feature nationally recognized FertilityCare Professionals and researchers in the new women’s health science of NaProTechnology.
- Publish and circulate a newsletter and other educational and promotional materials.
- Create and coordinate scholarships for medical students and other allied health professionals who wish to become Creighton Medical consultants, FertilityCare Practitioners and FertilityCare instructors.
- Provide guest lecturers at high school and college campuses.